1 can organic chickpeas
1-2 gloves of garlic
1 1/2 Tsp of lemon juice
3 Tsp Olive Oil
Himalayan or sea salt
1-2 Tsp tahini (optional)
When I make hummus, I do not add tahini; it is a personal choice. Perhaps, trying it both ways with and without can help you figure out which you prefer.
1. Drain chickpeas in strainer and rinse and pat dry.
2. Add chickpeas to food processor.
3. Add 1-2 cloves of garlic and blend.
4. Add 1 1/2 Tsp of lemon juice and blend.
5. Add 3 Tsp of olive oil and blend.
6. Add 1 tsp of himalayan or sea salt
7. Blend for 5 minutes; if the mixture is too thick, add water in small increments until its smooth and creamy.
8. Serve with pita, cucumber or chips and veggies of your choice.