1 pound of organic ground turkey (I love Plainville)
1 large white onion
2-3 cloves of garlic
3/4 cup of panic breadcrumbs
1 egg (for vegans, omit the egg)
1 TBS Parsley
1 TBS Basil
1 TBS Oregano
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (for vegans, you can substitute with Parma parmesan cheese)
1 tsp Annie’s Organic Worcestershire Sauce
A dash of nutmeg
- Place turkey meat in medium bowl.
- Finely dice the onion and mince the garlic.
- On the stovetop, brown onions and garlic until soft 3-5 minutes
- Add mixture to turkey meat and mix well.
- Add egg, mix well, then add breadcrumbs and mix again.
- Add each spice one at a time mixing in between.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Mix in Parmesan Cheese
- Add the Worcestershire Sauce and mix.
- Add a dash of nutmeg (after cooking, you will know exactly how much nutmeg to add the second time by the taste); less is more to start.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and create turkey patties using your hands.
- Grill, sauce, or bake turkey burgers until cooked to your perfection. I like to grill them for 7-8 minutes and VOILA!
- Place on a regular bun or lettuce bun and top with condiments of your choice